Read about the technical part of building Apify actors. Learn to define actor inputs, build new versions, persist actor state and choose base Docker images.
In this section, you can find the documentation on developing and building your own actor.
- Input schema - definition of the input an actor can accept.
- Source code - the location of an actor's source code.
- Builds - details on building your actor.
- Base Docker images - Docker images that can be used as a base for an actor.
- Environment variables - variables that provide an actor with context.
- State persistence - persisting an actor's state to preserve data in case of interruptions.